mardi 4 décembre 2007

WARHORSE "s/t" - 1970

I remember buying the WARHORSE debut for a mere 2€ ($3). OK, this is not a UK copy but a French original. The cover is not in a great shape, neither is the record itself, but it's still enjoyable though...

Note that UK originals on the higly collectable Vertigo label sell for £100+ on average.

This is a great record, heavy organ led tracks, a strong voice, great guitar leads and great Hard Prog tunes.

WARHORSE (not to be confused with the 90's Doom band) could be described as a perfect mix between DEEP PURPLE (for the guitar sound - bass player Nick Simper was in DEEP PURPLE) and URIAH HEEP. Some would link WARHORSE to BLACK SABBATH, I don't.
Their second release (from 1971) is also warmly recommended, less proto-Metal, but still fully entertaining.

"Woman Of The Devil" is the song I picked (mainly for its title).

ENJOY!

WARHORSE "s/t" - 1970 - UK - Vertigo 6360 015

2 commentaires:

Devil Dick a dit…

believe it or not i do not own this in any vinyl format but only on cassette tape!

HELP!

Play LOUDER! For Best Results a dit…

I think I could help you bro. I'll be a record fair this sunday, I know a guy who has a huge selection of classic Vertigo LPs. It all depends on what you can afford...