mercredi 11 juillet 2007

FRANK ZAPPA & The MOTHERS OF INVENTION "We're Only In It For The Money" - 1968

It's been a while!
I was away for work, but found time to bring back some new additions to my record collection.
I bought this original ZAPPA & The MOTHERS' LP. "We're Only In It For The Money" is their 3rd album, released right after "Absolutely Free".
Expect some more ZAPPA pretty soon...

The song I picked up is "Flower Punk", the last "track" on side A. For those of you who don't know ZAPPA and are not familiar with his work, a great number of songs can't be called regular "tracks". Some are mostly spoken words and strange experimentation, bizarre noise and weird sound.
"We're Only In It..." is not the easiest record to get into ZAPPA's discography.
This record has been heavily censored, a lot of offensive bits have been cut out, and there's no uncensored original version.

Without being my favorite, I really like this album and the cover is absolutely awesome. The flashing yellow background color is stunning! And look at those faces!

ENJOY!

Aucun commentaire: